Tiffen 49mm Linear SR Polarizer **AUTHORIZED USA DEALER**
Polarizers provide color and contrast enhancement. Reflected light often shows up as whitish glare that washes out color in an image. A Polarizer corrects this problem producing deep, dramatically blue skies. It also removes glare from non-metallic surfaces, such as windows and water. Color saturation in general, especially outdoors, can be improved significantly.
- Essential general-use outdoor color filter
- Produces deeper skies and minimizes reflections in black and white and color photography
- Combine a Polarizer with a Red 25 for incredibly dramatic black and white landscapes
- Can be rotated to achieve desired effect
Area of sky most effectively polarized with a Polarizer:
Point your index finger at the sun. With your thumb extended at a right angle (90), rotate it around the axis of the index finger. It will point out the band of deepest blue from horizon to horizon.
- A Linear Polarizer Should Not be used on cameras with beam splitting metering systems commonly found on auto focus SLR's (for most 35mm auto-focus cameras see your camera manual).