Slik Pro 624 CFL 4-Section Carbon Fiber Tripod MPN: 611-624 Open Box
- The Speed Release leg Locks are spring-loaded flip locks that do not snap back, reducing the chance of pinching fingers
- Made from 8 layers of inter-woven carbon strands that are bonded together in a sealed, high-pressure furnace
- The Anti-Rotational System is designed to prevent the leg tubes from rotating inside each other, making it easier to lock and release
- Each leg has an independent lock that sets in one of three angles to vary the height and stance of the tripod, making it simple to level the tripod on uneven ground
- The center column unscrews into two pieces to create a much shorter column for use in low angle photography, or to reduce weight
The Mini version of the PRO 634 CFL, the PRO 624 CFL has for short leg sections that extend to a maximum height of 43.5 inches but close down to remarkable 15.1 inches. With a weight of 2.2 lbs this tripod is an easy traveler that can be used in situations where a full-sized tripod would not be needed or not be convenient to carry.
The main features of the new Slik carbon fiber tripods are:
NEW S.R. L (Speed Release leg Locks)
The New series of SLIK carbon fiber tripods are equipped with new proprietary Speed Release Locks for fast easy set-up and pack-up. These fast easy-to-use lever locks are spring-loaded to hold each section of the tripod legs securely but do not snap-back so there is no pitching of fingers while using them.
8X Multi-layered Carbon Fiber
Carbon Fiber material is actually comprised of 8 layers of inter-woven carbon strands that are then bonded together in a sealed, high-pressure furnace. When finished, this material is more than 40% lighter than standard aluminum and very rigid, making it great for applications from space vehicles to tripod legs.
A.R.S (Anti-Rotational System)
All of the New SLIK PRO carbon fiber tripods feature a new A.R.S (Anti-Rotational System) designed into the leg locks. The anti-rotational systems prevent the leg tubes from rotating inside each other making it much easier to lock and release.
Multi-Angle Leg Locks
Each leg has an independent lock that sets in one 3 angles to vary the height and stance of the tripod. The three setting are for maximum height, waist level or low angle photography close to the ground. It also makes it easier to set up the tripod on uneven ground, steps or rocks.
Built-in Short Columns
The center columns unscrew into two pieces to create a much shorter column for use in low angle photography or to reduce weight.
- 3-Position Leg Angle Adjustment
- Short Center Column
- Speed Release Lever Leg Locks
- Gearless Center Column
Maximum Operating Height 43.5 in (1105mm)
Minimum Operating Height 4.1 in (103mm)
Center Column Extension 8.1 in (205mm)
Folded Length 15.1 in (384mm)
Weight 2.2 lbs (1010g)
Number of Leg Sections 4
Leg Lock Type Speed Release Lever Locks
Maximum Load 8.8 lbs (4000g)
Warranty 3 Year Limited Warranty