Hoya HMC 82mm 81A Multi-Coated Warming Filter Made in Japan A-8281A-GB
- Reduces excess blue from flash indoors or in daylight flash-fill.
- Warms (balances) sea, sky and high altitude shots.
- Adds healthy look to skin tones shot in open shade or overcast.
The Hoya HMC 81A Warming Filter is uniform in color and with a mired shift value of +18, can be applied to purposely create a warm cast over an entire image. This effect can be obtained under daylight when this filter is used on a film camera with daylight film installed, or on a digital camera with its daylight white balance setting selected. The Hoya HMC 81A Warming Filter is also useful for balancing light sources with a color temperature of 3400K for type B tungsten film, which is designed to accurately reproduce colors under 3200K light sources.The greater the difference between the color temperatures they are designed to correct for over 3200K, light balancing filters for type B tungsten film are considered to be progressively stronger in their effect when used to add warmth to a daylight image.This filter is constructed from optical glass for increased clarity and color fidelity. Its aluminum-alloy filter ring is durable while remaining lightweight. To prevent internal ghosting and reflections, each glass surface includes 3 layers of anti-reflection coating. These coatings also offer greater protection to the filter substrate and help it to stay clean for longer than with uncoated filters.
- Can add a warming cast to an entire image under daylight when used on a film camera system with daylight film installed, or on a digital camera system with its daylight white balance setting selected
- Mired shift value of +18
- Reduces 3400K color temperature to 3200K
- Allows type B tungsten film to accurately reproduce colors under 3400K light
- 3 layers of multi-coating on each side to prevent internal ghosting and reflections
- Constructed from optical glass for clarity and color fidelity
- 0.15 density filter with 1.4x filter factor darkens the image by 0.5 stops
- Aluminum-alloy filter ring is durable while remaining lightweight
- Plastic filter case for storage and transport