Hoya HD2 40.5mm UV - 16-layer Anti-Reflective Multi-Coating
- HARDENED GLASSHardened optical glass that has 4 times the breaking strength in ANSI standardized testing (ANSI Z80.3 : 2001) where a steel balls of varying size and weight were dropped from a height of 50 inches onto the glass.
- HD GlassHigh Density Sharp Cut UV GlassChemically Enhanced Optical Glass is 4x Stronger than Normal Glass
- HD Coating8 Layer Anti-Reflective Multi-Coating Water & Oil Repellent Top Coating is Oil and Stain Resistant for Easy Cleaning
- HD FrameWide Angle Lens Compatible Ultra Thin Aluminum Frame Glass Mounted with High Pressure Press Technology, No Retaining Rings
- Exceptional performance and protection Exclusive, chemically hardened optical glass places a transparent shield in front of the lens for superior lens protection in all situations while the UV properties of the glass filters out haze which improves scenic photography.
Hoya HD2 UV Filter is a general use, clear filter that helps to absorb ultraviolet light. No additional coloration or contrast is provided, allowing you to pair this filter with others.The UV filter is also useful as a general protective filter to leave on lenses at all times. Filters help to reduce dust and moisture from reaching your lens element and provide additional protection in case of drops or situations where scratching could occur.Hoya HD2 UV filters are multi-coated for reducing flare, ghosting, and reflections on the filter surface. As a result, a very high light transmission of 99.35% is possible, providing you with additional contrast and high color fidelity.The HD2 filters are constructed from optical glass and feature a thin frame. They are backed by a lifetime limited warranty.
- Absorbs UV light, which often makes outdoor photographs hazy and indistinct
- Clear filter provides no additional coloration or contrast, allowing you to pair this filter with others
- Works as general protection filter to reduce dust, moisture, and scratches from reaching lens elements
- The 8-layer multi-coating helps to reduce flare, ghosting, and reflections on the filter surface for a higher light transmission of 99.35%, resulting in greater contrast and color fidelity
- Crafted from hardened optical glass for increased strength and durability
- Thin frame
- Water- and oil-repellent and scratch- and stain-resistant, making for easy cleaning
- Carries a lifetime limited warranty