Hoya FUSION ANTISTATIC 46mm UV (O) Slim Filter - 18-layer (SHMC) Multi-Coating
The FUSION Anti-static UV filter is the first line of defense against scratches, dust and dirt damaging your lenses. The filter’s ultra-violet (UV) properties filter unwanted ultra-violet rays, reducing haze and increasing clarity that is most evident at high altitudes, since most digital cameras incorporate a UV filter in front of their digital sensors.
Hoya engineers have developed a new ANTI-STATIC coating that acts like a static negating force field around the filter to prevent dust from being attracted to the surface of the glass. Great for environments where dust is common, these filters require less frequent cleaning and maintenance than traditional filters. Additionally, the hardened, anti-static top-layer is water repellent, stain, and scratch-resistant, and cleans easily when smudges or fingerprints are introduced to the surface.
The new FUSION ANTI-STATIC UV professional filters are made in Japan using hand-selected silicates that are carefully smelted and blended to yield high-performance optical glass. Hoya then uses extreme care and precision to apply the improved 18-layer Super Hoya multi-coating (SHMC) formula which greatly reduces or eliminates reflections on the surface of the glass and yields a 99.8% light transmission rate. This means the filter has virtually no effect on color balance, contrast, or clarity of the final image.
- Anti-static layer for worry-free cleaning
- 18-layers of super Hoya multi-coating (SHMC)
- Premium Hoya optical glass for high-resolution cameras
- Thin filter frame will not vignette when used with wide angle lenses
- Waterproof, scratch and smudge resistant top layer
Filter Factor: Zero
Glass Type: Hoya Optical UV
Light Transmission: 99.8%
Number of Multi-Coatings: 18 Layers / 9 per side
Nano-Coating Technology: No
Hardened Top Layer: Yes
Black Rimmed Glass: Yes
Frame Construction: Press Fit / Low Profile / Aluminum
Front Filter Threads: Yes
- The filter features a lightweight, one-piece, low-profile aluminum frame to house the glass. This one-piece design allows the filter to maintain perfect parallel alignment to the sensor plane for maximum sharpness, while the low-profile form eliminates vignetting when used on ultra-wide angle lenses.