Hoya FUSION ANTISTATIC 40.5mm Clear Protector Filter - 18-layer (SHMC) Multi-Coating
The FUSION Antistatic Protector filter is engineered to protect the front elements of your lenses. The clear optical glass does not add other filtration properties, like UV, to the glass making formula.
Hoya engineers developed a new ANTISTATIC coating that acts like a static-negating force field around the filter to prevent dust from being attracted to the surface of the glass when in use and while cleaning. Great for environments where dust is common, these filters require less frequent cleaning and maintenance than traditional filters. Additionally, the hardened, antistatic top layer is water repellent, stain and scratch-resistant, and cleans easily when smudges or fingerprints are introduced to the surface.
The new FUSION ANTISTATIC professional filters are made in Japan using hand-selected silicates that are carefully smelted and blended to yield high-performance optical glass. Hoya then uses extreme care and precision to apply the improved 18-layer Super Hoya multi-coating (HMC) formula that greatly reduces or eliminates reflections on the surface of the glass and yields a 99.8% light transmission rate. This means the filter has virtually no effect on color balance, contrast, or clarity of the final image.
- Antistatic layer for worry-free cleaning
- 18 layers of super Hoya multi-coating (SHMC)
- Premium Hoya optical glass for high-resolution cameras
- Thin filter frame will not vignette when used with wide angle lenses
- Waterproof, scratch and smudge resistant top layer
Filter Factor: 0 stops
Glass Type: Hoya Optical
Light Transmission N/A
Number of Multi-Coatings: 18 Layers / 9 per side
Nano-Coating Technology No
Hardened Top Layer: Yes
Black Rimmed Glass Yes
Frame Construction: Low Profile / Aluminum
Front Filter Threads: Yes
- The filter features a lightweight, one-piece, low-profile aluminum frame to house the glass. This one-piece design allows the filter to maintain parallel alignment to the sensor plane for maximum sharpness, while the low-profile form eliminates vignetting when used with ultra-wide angle lenses.