Heliopan 55mm UV Filter 'SLIM VERSION' - SCHOTT GLASS MPN: 705501
- Features a 5-Year Drop Protection Warranty that provides end-users with a one-time, "no-questions-asked" replacement for any broken or damaged UV or Protection Filter. Filters must be purchased new and from an authorized US Retailer. Proof of purchase is required to qualify for a replacement. For more information, please visit our website.
- Our standard 8-Layer Multi-Coating minimizes reflections and does not interfere with the resolution of your camera optics.
- Our slim brass filter mounts ensure that the filter will keep its shape, be more resistant to side impacts, and be less likely to bind to a lens after extended use.
- Constucted from the highest German Schott Optics, which guaranteeds incredible optical resolution. Our glass is specially ground and polished to minimize internal reflections, while ensuring that the quality of your images are not degraded by using our optics in front of your lens. It is also specially hardened to resist most impacts.
- We do not source any materials outside of Germany in the assembly and construction of our products. All raw materials are prepared and hand-assembled in our factory and do not leave our facility until they are completely inspected by our quality technicians.
The UV filter, also known as a haze filter, is not only an excellent universal filter for visually improving photographs with all film types, but it can always stay on the lens for protection from dust, fingerprints, moisture, etc. and for use under extreme conditions It absorbs the short wave portion of the spectrum so under hazy conditions a clearer reproduction of the scene is possible. The loss of sharpness caused by UV rays and the bluish tones common in infinity scenes are eliminated with the colorless UV filter. An exposure correction is not required.
|Accepts Snap In Lens Cap||Yes|
Filter Ring Depth (Less Threads)
|Filter Factor||0 - Stops|
Heliopan glass filters are made with glass from Schott (Zeiss) the worlds finest optical glass supplier.
Heliopan glass filters are made exclusively with glass from Schott (Zeiss) the worlds, finest optical glass supplier. Heliopan filters are 'dyed in the mass' and ground, polished and coated to the highest standards of the German optical industry. All Heliopan screw in type and series size filters are mounted in precision black anodized brass rings to eliminate binding or cross threading and to ensure optimal alignment. The care, quality and performance of Heliopan's filters make them simply the world's finest filters! Each Heliopan filter has an anti reflective coating, scratch proof metallic oxide coating on each surface. This special hard coating reduces reflections by approximately 50%. Heliopan filters are referred to as double coated. This means that the front and rear glass surfaces have coating applied to them.
With UV Filter Without Filter
Dyed In Mass Optical Glass
Precision Black Anodized Filter Ring
Anti Reflective Coating
Scratch Proof Metal Oxide Coating