Formatt Hitech 85 x 110mm Grad Neutral Density ND 0.6 Resin Filter - Hard Edge
- Graduated ND 0.6 filter for darkening skies and other bright areas of the image.
- Provides a 2 stop reduction in light in selective areas.
- Hard-edge transition is recommended for normal and longer lenses.
- Filter measures 85 x 107mm and fits the Cokin P series holder.
- Made in the UK on the most advanced computer-controlled manufacturing equipment in the industry.
Formatt Hitech 85 x 110mm Grad Neutral Density ND 0.6 Resin Filter - Hard Edge - for Cokin P
Often it is necessary or desirable to balance the light intensity in one part of a scene with another. This is especially true in situations where you don't have total light control, as in bright contrasty landscapes. Exposing for the foreground will produce a washed-out, over-exposed sky while exposing for the sky will leave the foreground dark and under-exposed. Hitech Grad ND filters are part clear, part neutral density (available in grades of .3 (1 stop), .6 (2 stops), .9 (3 stops), 1.2 (4 stops)). They allow the transition to be blended into the scene, often imperceptibly. A neutral density .6-to-clear, with a two stop differential, will generally compensate the average bright sky-to-foreground situation and is also the most popular density of the series.
Hitech graduated neutral density filters are available with soft or hard transitions from dark to clear. The soft edge is recommended for wide angle lenses and the hard edge is recommended for normal and longer lenses.
This filter measures 85 x 107mm and fits the Cokin P series holder.
Neutral Density factors:
ND.3 (exposure adjustment = 1 stop)
ND.6 (exposure adjustment = 2 stops)
ND.9 (exposure adjustment = 3 stops)
ND1.2 (exposure adjustment = 4 stops)