Cokin NUANCES Extreme Z- Pro Series Soft-Edge Reverse-Graduated ND Filter Kit
- Tempered, shock-resistant glass construction maintains high optical clarity with low reflectivity
- A nano-metallic alloy applied to both sides of each filter attenuates infrared light and ensures neutral coloration even when stacked with other Cokin NUANCES or NUANCES Extreme filters
- Anti-glare coatings help to reduce surface reflections for increased contrast and color fidelity
- Hydrophobic coatings result in an improved beading effect when in contact with water for greater cleaning efficiency
- C-shaped edges resist chipping to further enhance durability
This Cokin NUANCES Extreme Z-Pro Series Soft-Edge Reverse-Graduated Neutral Density Filter Kit contains three reverse-graduated neutral density filters that are designed for use with a Cokin Z Series Filter Holder. They can each be applied to darken bright skies, specifically during a sunrise or sunset, while allowing for a normal, unaffected exposure in the other regions of the image.
The placement of a 0.6, 0.9, or 1.2 band of density that tapers to a density of 0.3, 0.6, or 0.9 above it with a clear area directly below allows the Cokin NUANCES Extreme Z Series Soft-Edge Reverse-Graduated Neutral Density Filters within this kit to match the positioning of the sun when it is at, or immediately above, the horizon. In such instances, the sun can appear closer to the center of an image as opposed to the upper edge, and an increase in brightness is created that is more prominent on both sides of the sun than above it. This pattern of brightness corresponds to the density pattern on this kit's filters.
Cokin NUANCES Extreme filters are constructed from tempered, shock-resistant glass and feature nano-metallic alloy film coatings on both sides of the filter surface to attenuate infrared light while maintaining true color fidelity, even when stacked with other Cokin NUANCES or NUANCES Extreme filters. Anti-glare coatings further help to reduce surface reflections for increased contrast and clarity, while additional hydrophobic coatings result in an improved beading effect when in contact with water for greater cleaning efficiency. Additionally, Cokin NUANCES Extreme filters feature C-shaped edges. This rounded edge shape resists chipping to further enhance durability.
- Filter Type Graduated ND
- Graduation Type Reverse
- Graduation Direction Vertical
- Density 0.3 (1-Stop) to 0.6 (2-Stop)
- Rectangular Size 4 x 5.65" / 101.6 x 143.5 mm
- Filter Holder System Compatibility Cokin X-Pro
- Coatings Multi-Coating
- Filter Thickness 0.09" / 2.3 mm
- Filter Material Glass
The Nuances Extreme Reverse Graduated kit Includes:
Reverse Graduated GND4S 2-stop
Reverse Graduated GND8S 3-stop
Reverse Graduated GND16S 4-stop
3 filter case