B+W 49mm XS-Pro Clear MRC Nano 007 Filter - Schott Glass Brass Ring - 66-1066103
- General protection filter reduces dust, moisture, and scratches from reaching lens elements. Does not require adjustments to exposure while in use.
- Multicoated to prevent internal ghosting and reflections while providing over 99.8% light transmission.
- Nano coating provides an improved beading effect with water for more efficient cleaning. Creates no additional coloration or contrast.
- Constructed from Schott glass for optical clarity.F-Pro brass filter ring helps to prevent jamming and provides additional strength.
- Plastic case included for storage and transport.
The B+W 49mm XS-Pro Clear MRC-Nano 007 Filter is a simple, clear filter with a 1x filter factor and is designed to provide general protection for your lens. This optically clear filter does not affect overall image quality while helping to reduce dust, scratches, moisture, and other elements from damaging your lens. To prevent internal ghosting and reflections while providing over 99.8% light transmission, each glass surface includes multiple layers of anti-reflection coating. This Multi-Resistant Coating (MRC) also offers greater protection to the filter substrate and helps it to stay clean for longer than with uncoated filters. The Nano coating associated with XS-Pro filters provides an additional eighth layer over the MRC, resulting in an improved beading effect when in contact with water for greater cleaning efficiency.B+W filters are constructed from Schott glass for increased optical clarity and color fidelity. This filter features a thin brass filter ring to minimize the potential for vignetting while enhancing durability and jamming prevention. To further reduce the possibility of vignetting while using this filter, the filter ring's outside diameter is slightly larger than the actual thread size. This may prevent the use of some lens manufacturer bayonet hoods.