B+W 39mm Circular Polarizer SC Filter - Schott Glass - Brass Ring - 65-1065293
- Helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface. Polarizing filters arrange, and filter, directionally polarized light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of the light.
- Clears up haze in distant landscapes and provides more saturated, vivid colors. Strongest effect when used at a 90 from the sun.
- Circular polarizers are ideal for use with digital cameras and autofocus lenses where a linear polarizer will often disrupt auto exposure and focus features. Features a single anti-reflection coating per side to help prevent ghosting and reflections as well as increase light transmission from approximately 92% (uncoated glass) to over 98%.
- Constructed from high quality Schott glass for optical clarity. Brass filter ring helps to prevent jamming and provides additional strength.
- Plastic case included for storage and transport.
TheB+W 39mm Circular Polarizer SC Filterhelps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface. The light from the sun naturally becomes partially polarized due to reflecting off electrons in air molecules, causing the light to scatter into what appears as haze. A polarizing filter arranges, and filters, this directionally polarized light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of this light. This results in a noticeable reduction of glare and reflections from non-metallic surfaces and an increase in the saturation of skies and foliage.A circular polarizer only differs from a linear polarizer in that it contains a quarter wave plane in addition to the linear polarizing filter. The addition of this quarter wave plane is to circularly polarize the linearly polarized light for the use of auto focus and exposure functions. Due to how the light is broken down and filtered with a linear polarizer, auto focus and exposure accuracy become skewed during use. When the light becomes circularly polarized, it permits the use of these functions.B+W filters are constructed from high quality Schott glass for increased optical clarity and color fidelity. They feature a brass filter ring for durability as well as jamming prevention. This filter is vacuum coated with 1 layer of anti-reflection coating per side to help prevent internal ghosting and reflections as well as improve light transmission.